It’s easy to get your free upgrade – here’s how:
- Don’t see the Windows 10 icon? First, try running Windows Update and install any available required and recommended updates for your existing Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC.
1. To reserve your free upgrade, click on the Windows 10 icon located in the lower right side of the system tray.
2. Once in the Get Windows 10 app, click “Reserve your free upgrade” in the app window.
3. Enter your email if you want confirmation of this reservation.
4. We’ll download Windows 10 to your device and notify you when it’s ready. You can cancel your reservation at any time.
Note: This free Windows 10 upgrade is available for PCs and tablets; the free Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will be available for most phones starting later this year.2
After you have reserved, you are in the queue for your upgrade. Watch for your notification from the Get Windows 10 app to arrive in the coming days or weeks. At that point, you can upgrade immediately or pick a time that works for you.
After you’ve upgraded, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.